By Compiled & Edited by Crosswalk Editorial Staff, Crosswalk.com
Use these prayers of just one sentence to quickly shift your perspective to God and gratitude!
Even though these prayers are very short, said from the heart will a pure love for God they will dramatically change your day.
May these one-sentence prayers help you to keep Christ, our Lord and savior from death, in your heart and mind throughout your life!
Photo credit: Getty/Kamonwan Wankaew
One Sentence Prayers for the Morning
Use these quick morning prayers to begin and guide your day with God in your heart and mind!
1. "Lord, protect us from sin and awaken our hearts that we willingly share your blessed gifts with our neighbors in need."
2. "O Lord, give your blessing to our daily work, that we may do it in faith, with all our hearts, as working for the Lord."
3. "God, Teach us to seek truth and lead us to find it, and grant that we may always speak the truth in love."
4. "Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions" (Psalm 51)
5. "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" (Psalm 103)
Read more prayers from the book of Psalms.
Photo credit: GettyImages/evgenyatamanenko
One Sentence Prayers through the Day
Use these one-sentence prayers throughout the day during work, eating, and traveling.
1. "O God, be merciful to me a sinner." (Prayer of the Publican)
2. "Jesus, bless what you have given, feed our souls with bread from heaven; guide and lead us all the way, in all that we may do and say, amen."
3. "Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our life."
4. "Heavenly Father, bless this food, to your glory and our good, amen."
5. "O Lord, Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner" (The Jesus Prayer)
Photo credit: GettyImages/fizkes
One Sentence Prayers for the Evening
Use these one-sentence prayers to end your day with thanksgiving and joy for God's love and mercy.
1. "O Lord our God, forgive me wherein I have sinned today in word, deed, and thought; and grant me peaceful sleep, amen."
2. "Grant me a good night's sleep tonight, God, so that I can awake refreshed and ready to begin another day loving you."
3. "For God’s not given me a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, and of power, and a sound mind, to live each day and glorify his name." (2 Timothy 1:7)
4. "In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." (Psalm 4:8)
5. "Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!" (Psalm 107:1)
Read more Evening Prayers for Peaceful Rest
Photo credit: Getty/Motortion